Registration open soon for Families in the Creek 2020!
Families in the Creek is a family event and is free to the public. Families will learn about the creek’s aquatic life and what everyone can to do to help keep our local creeks clean through three activities.
Fish Assessment: With the help of professional biologists, you will collect and identify live fish. The type and number of fish tell a story about the health of the creek.
Benthic Macroinvertebrate Assessment: Benthic macroinvertebrates are mostly comprised of larval forms of insects found on the bottom of the creeks. With the guidance of professionals, you will collect and sort these interesting creatures. As with the fish, the type and number of benthics indicate stream health.
Stewardship Activities: What we do on our land – whether it be work, live, or play- affects the health of our creeks. This rotation demonstrates that fun, hands-on activities!
How to Register
- Age Limits: Limited to 26 participants ages 9 and up. Children MUST be accompanied by an adult during the event.
- To Register: All participants must pre-register. You may use this form or contact email@example.com
- First-Time Participation Priority: Families who have not participated in this event in previous years will be given first priority. If your family has participated, you will be placed on a waiting list. If there are openings after the registration deadline, you will be contacted to determine if you are still interested in participating.
- Registration Deadline: TBD
- Location: Stock Creek (Specifics to be determined and updated soon!)
- Free lunch will be provided. If you have any special dietary needs, please bring a bag lunch.
- Waders will be provided, but please bring old shoes you don’t mind getting wet and muddy to go over the wader booties.
- Please plan on staying for the entire event. We are limiting the number of participants this year and we want everyone to reap the full benefits of this experience.